Colorado Aging Advocates have organized three virtual events in early October focused on important issues affecting older adults in our state. As Colorado is the second fastest aging state in the country, this information is more important than ever.
“Colorado Aging Advocates: Pressing Issues Across Our State”
Join us for any of these virtual events:
- October 4, 2022 – 10:00am (Western Colorado)
- October 6, 2022 – 10:00am (Colorado Springs and Southern Front Range)
- October 6, 2022 – 1:00pm (Denver and Northern Front Range)
Register Today – https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfumLxQndcaDgj7aIpCv_o-MDaTIjLKwIaYSxMinlVprZDDvA/viewform
You’ll receive the Zoom log-in instructions in the reply email when you register, and also in a reminder email that will go out 24 hours before the workshop from email@example.com.
These events will be emceed by Colorado AARP State Director, Bob Murphy, who will facilitate the discussion of these important topics.
Join us, along with candidates for elected office and your neighbors, to learn more about the pressing topics of today and their intersection with our changing demographics. The three hour-long, virtual events on October 4th and two on October 6th will specifically cover the following issues as they relate to older adults:
- Workforce: Older adults are becoming the fastest growing segment of our state’s workforce. Learn about the needs of older workers and the opportunity this offers our economy.
- Housing: Colorado is facing a housing crisis. Hear about the specific implications for older adults.
- Consumer protection: Attempts at fraud and exploitation touch every Coloradan. We will discuss these trends as they relate to older Coloradans.
- Economic security: The cost of food, health care, and utilities are significant for many Coloradans, particularly those with limited or fixed income. We will cover how rising costs touch the lives of older adults.
This event is co-hosted and organized by Colorado Aging Advocates:
• AARP Colorado – https://states.aarp.org/colorado/
• Colorado Alliance for Retired Americans – https://colorado.retiredamericans.org/
• Colorado Association of Area Agencies on Aging (c4a) – http://www.c4a-colorado.org/
• Colorado Center for Aging – https://coloradocenterforaging.org/about/
• Colorado Cross-Disability Coalition – https://www.ccdconline.org/
• Colorado Gerontological Society – https://www.senioranswers.org/
• Changing the Narrative – https://changingthenarrativeco.org/
• iAging – https://www.aging2.com/
• The Bell Policy Center – https://www.bellpolicy.org/