- This event has passed.
Colorado Aging Advocates: Pressing Issues Across Our State
Thursday, October 6, 2022 @ 10:00 am - 11:00 am
“Colorado Aging Advocates: Pressing Issues Across Our State”
Join us for any of these virtual events:
- October 4, 2022 – 10:00am (Western Colorado)
October 6, 2022 – 10:00am (Colorado Springs and Southern Front Range)
- October 6, 2022 – 1:00pm (Denver and Northern Front Range)
Colorado’s aging advocates invite you to join a virtual event, ‘Colorado Aging Advocates: Pressing Issues Across Our State’. At the event, you can learn more about the intersection of our rapidly aging population and the most important issues affecting our state. As Colorado is the second fastest aging state in the country, this information is more important than ever. In an hour-long virtual event, emceed by AARP Colorado State Director Bob Murphy, candidates will hear from community leaders and local residents about the pressing topics impacting older Coloradans. The event will specifically cover the following issues as they relate to older adults:
- Workforce: Learn about the cascading opportunities and needs as older adults become the fastest growing segment of our state’s workforce.
- Housing: We’ll discuss the specific implications of our housing crisis for older adults.
- Consumer protection: Attempts at fraud and exploitation touch every Coloradan. We’ll discuss these trends as they relate to older Coloradans.
- Economic security: The cost of food, health care, and utilities are significant for many families. We’ll cover how these and other costs touch the lives of older adults.
All candidates will be introduced during the event, and presenters will make an effort to answer all questions submitted beforehand.
You can register for the events and submit your questions using the link below.
Register Today – https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfumLxQndcaDgj7aIpCv_o-MDaTIjLKwIaYSxMinlVprZDDvA/viewform
You’ll receive the Zoom log-in instructions in the reply email when you register, and also in a reminder email that will go out 24 hours before the workshop from email@example.com.
This event is co-hosted by:
• AARP Colorado – https://states.aarp.org/colorado/
• Colorado Alliance for Retired Americans – https://colorado.retiredamericans.org/
• Colorado Association of Area Agencies on Aging (c4a) – http://www.c4a-colorado.org/
• Colorado Center for Aging – https://coloradocenterforaging.org/about/
• Colorado Cross-Disability Coalition – https://www.ccdconline.org/
• Colorado Gerontological Society – https://www.senioranswers.org/
• Changing the Narrative – https://changingthenarrativeco.org/
• iAging – https://www.aging2.com/
• The Bell Policy Center – https://www.bellpolicy.org/